Friday 5 May 2017

2 Poems by Michael Marrotti

One Bullet Per Stanza

Andy Warhol lived
to tell the tale
of how a disgruntled
dyke shot him
with a handgun

My friend Billy
also survived
a solitary walk
up Warrington Avenue
where he fell victim
to a random
gun shooting

Kurt Cobain
pulled the trigger
at the ideal time
leaving behind
a musical legacy
as the persistence
of other bands
only tarnished
their image

If you're actually
taking the time
out to read this
poem of insipidity
I probably don't
have to explain
the despair of
Hemingway
it was his time to go
who am I to protest

Needless to say
I've never taken
advantage of my
second amendment
rights in all these years
nor am I a registered
republican


Stalin's Moustache

If Pittsburgh
wore a moustache
it would be a replica
of Joseph Stalin's

If Pittsburgh
had nice things
to say in general
it would tell me
to shut the fuck up
about it

Only missionary
penetration here
in Pittsburgh
I'm surprised
sodomy still isn't
a crime of passion

If you're expecting
liberalism in this
so-called blue state
discard it as propaganda
the free spirits have
a tendency to face
relentless persecution

It's the city
I hate to love
my birthright
the place that gave me
my lovely children

Till death do us part
well I'm still waiting
for a few in-laws to go
before I emigrate
to the west coast
for what could be
further disappointment


Bionote

Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh, equipped with a chemical imbalance and lack of patience. His writing has propagated the small press like chlamydia in Beechview. He's out to make a difference through writing and philanthropy. A faithful volunteer at the Light Of Life Rescue Mission going on three years now, he believes in action. Michael Marrotti writes books that sell no more than five copies, but get 5 star reviews, like F.D.A. Approved Poetry, available on Amazon. You can reach him at michaelmarrotti@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment