Friday 5 May 2017

2 Poems by Larry Levy

Garlic

I imagine you unclothed!
Layer by layer I peel –
(She loves me, she loves me not)
down to chiclet smooth skin.
So eager to touch
I squeeze until you come apart.
I continue to press,
kneading you between my fingers.
Moistened,
I bring the taste of you
to my lips.
My tongue burns with delight
reverberating wildly
from the tang you left
in my mouth.
I consume you greedily
and you stay with me for days.


Should I Renew My Lease?

Troubled sleep (4:18 A.M.).
Sex without kisses
from a bedroom below.
Unusual noises.
Trying to decipher the language of whales.
Orgasm assumed. Laughter.
Running water. Guilt?
Within five minutes a reupholstered woman.
Superficialities conclude in the hallway.
No kiss.
Quickly to the car, man.
The most enlightened dog in the world
is let outside.
The introspective slither back to bed.
Snoring.
Troubled sleep. (4:52 A.M.).


Bionote

Larry Levy has written lyrics for The Histrioniks, The Thromboes, Muscrat Simms, and Square One. He has also been writing poetry for years. He is currently working on his first book of poetry to be published in the upcoming months. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment