Tuesday 5 May 2015

1 Poem by Stephen Jarrell Williams

A Deep Breath

Outside my door and windows
Fury of wind sweeping by

Daylight dust
Shadowing the sun

Buffeting windowpanes
Whispering beneath the door

Great gusts dominating the street
Not a soul testing their strength

Except me
Stepping outside

Aiming my back against the wind
Holding my own in the middle of the avenue

No cars
Only a few spying from behind their curtains

Deciding to take a chance
Deflating my ego and letting go

Fate having its way
Windswept to an unknown destination

Refilling me with a life of meaning.


Bionote

Stephen Jarrell Williams loves to write in the middle of the night with a grin and grimace and flame in his heart.  He's been published here and there and in-between at Chronogram Magazine, Haight Ashbury Literary Journal, Hawaii Review, Poesia, and others.  He is the editor of Dead Snakes Poetry Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. The courage of choice is at times it's own reward.

    ReplyDelete